Enrico Forestieri a écrit :
Abdelrazak Younes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
Georg Baum a écrit :
Am Freitag, 17. März 2006 22:14 schrieb Kayvan A. Sylvan:
On Fri, Mar 17, 2006 at 08:29:28PM +0100, Georg Baum wrote:
Kayvan, are you listening? Why did you introduce this option also for cygwin?
I think this was related to trying to compile for QT/Cygwin. If we can
compile for QT on Windows without this, then I am all for removing it.
This is the case according to Enrico and Abdel. I am going to commit the attached patch to trunk unless somebody objects.
Great!

Abdel, Georg is removing the switch only for the cygwin compiler
not mingw.

You're right... Why did you do that Georg? I was the one complaining about the option not the cygwin users...
Could you please update your patch accordingly?

However, if you use the cygwin compiler with -mno-cygwin
I think you will get rid of it, as the host will qualify as cygwin...

Let me check. I'll apply the patch and run autogen.sh...

Confirmed. After running configure I get:

This is interesting. I'll try to compile for a mingw target without the
-mms-bitfield switch and see what happens... I bet nothing ;-)

I have tried that in the past but did not succeed (compiling from cygwin a mingw target). The resulting executable never worked. This was related to some ld problems IIRC. I hope you'll have more success.

Abdel.