Michael Gerz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Enrico Forestieri wrote:
>
> >Then why not compiling libiconv with mingw, too? It is quite strightforward
> >to do. As regards gettext, if you configure with --with-included-gettext,
> >it will be compiled alongside LyX.
> >

> Then why not keeping the option? Why all the trouble?

I am neither against nor pro it. I have tried compiling LyX with and
without it, and it seems to make no difference for me. However, Abdel
found that it hurts him. Given that it is simpler adding it to CPPFLAGS
if it is needed than getting rid of it if it hurts, I think that the most
logical thing to do is not enforcing it. I am fine with whatever resolution.

--
Enrico