Jean-Marc Lasgouttes a écrit :
"Enrico" == Enrico Forestieri <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Enrico> cygwin-without-cygwin? what's that? ;-)
 Isn't the point of this thread to support compiling with cygwin
-mnocygwin and (perhaps separately, I am not sure anymore) to have
a binary that can either be cygwin-based or not depending on the
phase of the moon? It may be that I missed the point, but I think
we should keep things simple.

Enrico> No, you got it wrong. This for the real cygwin target.

Well, I was answering to abdel originally, and he did say he wanted an
universal binary that would decide at runtime whether it is
cygwin-based or not.

This looks complicated for now, forget about it. But I still think some of the fixes for cygwin-really-cygwin from Enrico applies also to cygwin-mnocygwin which should be the same (in theory) as msys-mingw.

As a side note, with my minimal cygwin install (base cygwin + autotools, no gcc) + mingw, I can compile and link an unpatched qt3 and/or qt4 lyx-win32 without problem. This means that I don't need MSYS anymore and I am very happy about that :-)

Abdel.