On Wed, Apr 05, 2006 at 10:48:03PM +0200, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

> Martin> Finally got around to making it complete with Georg's piece.
> Martin> Attached. This applies to 1.4.x.
>
> The code looks a bit scrary to me:
>
> login-linux: grep -r wide_inset .
> ./insets/insettext.h:   bool & Wide() const { return wide_inset_; }
> ./insets/insettext.h:   mutable bool wide_inset_;
>
> So, what is this wide_inset variable? What is this Wide method?

It signals that this inset "spans" the width of the screen, and could,
if necessary, be displayed as just a pair of horizontal lines, while
only redrawing rows that have changed (avoiding the painting artefacts
that would then occur otherwise, due to inset width "living" all the
time when typing into it).

wide_inset_ is being set from the rowpainter.

(BTW I was thinking Wide -> wide, Tall -> tall before putting this into
1.4. Upper case was a mistake.)

I am not surprised you are scared. I was, and as you remember I even
claimed at first this was too difficult. But try it, it works :-)

- Martin