Martin> On Thu, Apr 06, 2006 at 12:14:17AM +0200, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes
Martin> wrote:

>> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
Jean-Marc> So, what is this wide_inset variable? What is this Wide
Jean-Marc> method?

Jean-Marc> I'd like some clarification before applying the patch...
>>  OK, I saw now where the Wide() method/variable is set. Why not use
>> an accessor instead or just access the raw variable? I do not see
>> why this method is needed.

Martin> I had here a raw variable at first. OK with me. And isn't
Martin> Wide() an accessor? Or do you mean separate setWide(arg) and
Martin> getWide() methods?

Yes, like

bool wide();

void wide(bool w);

I think you should use either this or a real variable.

Also, is there a reason why Wide() and repaintAll() are not members of
PainterInfo? This has to be better than those mutable variables,
especially since their lifetime is the update() call. I do not like
adding state info where it does not belong.

>> Additionally, I still do not understand why we need to make an
>> inset wide like that when we know it is along on a line. Is there a
>> reason why we cannot draw proper left and right frame marks?

Martin> I tried that, believe me... it's only easy to write about, not
Martin> to do :-)

My problem is that I do not understand what is the trick you use to
make things work :) Can you explain it (again, sorry) in a few words?