Angus Leeming a écrit :
Abdelrazak Younes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
Here are the relevant logs and the diff against current svn, please tell me what I should do

You should drop the stuff that's needed for Win95. LyX on Win95 is broken for
other reasons. That may well mean that all you need is the ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED
change if you want to support Win98. Luis was a willing tester for me; I'd
suggest liasing with him if you're interested in pushing this forward.

Louis, could you please try the experimental lyx for windows described in http://wiki.lyx.org/Windows/LyX150Experimental ?

Given that Win95 is dead as a dodo, it may well be that you don't need the
NewAPIs.h. The only way to check, however, is to compile (on a WinXP machine,
presumably) and then see if it'll run on Win98. That's what the stub magic in
NewAPIs.h does: magic ;-)

So, if I understand you correctly, all the special code in this boost file is only to support Win95 and Win98. In other words this code brings nothing for Win >= WinMe, right? If so, then I am not really willing to hack this file. Win95 can use older lyx version if they want to. In any case, I suspect 1.4.x would be too slow for computer that still run on win95 or win98.

That said, if the ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED change is simple enough and Louis confirms that Lyx15Experimental doesn't work on Win98, we can shove it in for Win98 users.

Abdel.