Abdelrazak Younes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>> Given that Win95 is dead as a dodo, it may well be that you don't need the
>> NewAPIs.h. The only way to check, however, is to compile (on a WinXP machine,
>> presumably) and then see if it'll run on Win98. That's what the stub magic in
>> NewAPIs.h does: magic

> So, if I understand you correctly, all the special code in this boost
> file is only to support Win95 and Win98. In other words this code brings
> nothing for Win >= WinMe, right?

I think that WinME falls into the same category as Win98 but I'm not in a
position to say that definitively.

Given that Microsoft themselves are dropping support for Win98, Win98SE and
WinME in July, it probably makes sense to do the same. That would entail
stripping out all the remaining NewAPIs.h stuff (support/package.C.in and
support/os_win.C)

> That said, if the ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED change is simple enough and Louis
> confirms that Lyx15Experimental doesn't work on Win98, we can shove it
> in for Win98 users.

As you choose.

Angus