Jean-Marc Lasgouttes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> This patch closes the improvements I had in mind concerning
> installers. It allows packagers to provide a file lyxrc.dist that will
> be read (if it exists) before all the others.

> Comments? Is it enough to simplify packagers' job?

I think it is.

My understanding is that the Windows installer will continue to check for msys,
python, ghostview et al., but only to generate a \path_prefix entry in
lyxrc.dist. In the future, if configure.py can be taught about the Registry, it
might continue to check for these softwares (to inform the user about what is
needed by a fully-functional LyX) but won't need to write anything at all to
lyxrc.dist.

Is that your understanding too?

Regards,
Angus