"Bo Peng" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

| > > Unless I find some essential problem with scons, I will not use cmake.
| > > (Of course, if you can rewrite our auto* with cmake, I will cheer like
| > > a real cheerleader. :-)
| > I am sure you will beat me at it and offer us a great lyx integrated
| > Scons support soon ;-)
|
|   This is not what I expected. You should say "scons is trash and I
| will show you a real patch next week".
|
| Joke is joke, I will continue to learn scon and wait for others'
| opinions. Afterall, switching off from auto* is a big issue.

It is. A very big issue.

I don't think I will even discuss a change before I see what the
converted build system would look like.

So if you want us to switch to X the "Super configurator" then you
have to do the conversion to that and show us the result. _Then_ we
can decide if it is simpler, more powerful, faster, better, jumps
higher etc. and if a switch away from autotools is prudent.

--
        Lgb