Abdelrazak Younes wrote:

> Bo Peng a écrit :
>> What do you think?
>
> Great Job!
> I am convinced and I will certainly use with minimal capability
> (building LyX is enough).

I fear you both underestimate the amount of work that is needed to replace
the auto stuff. After all, there is a reson why it is so complicated.
Aopart from what a regular developer uses, there are things like "make
dist" and "make distcheck" that need to work.
Let me restate that a build system in parallel to the existing one does not
make sense. It soon gets outdated, and if not it costs double maintenance
work.
If I where you I would rather try to get the existing build system work for
your platforms. I agree that the auto stuff is not nice, but this option
will be far less work than replacing it with something else.
We don't have enough man power for such a big project. Of course I can't
(and don't want) to force you to stop working on this, it is just my
opinion that you could be more useful for the whole project if you continue
with bug fixing and implementing new features.

Georg