"Bo Peng" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

| We will update scons by ourselves, we know that will be easy. We have
| promised to update Makefile.am if we know how to do it. What else you
| are expecting from us?

I expect you as a proponent of scons to handle the main burden of
showing the rest of us that scons is acutally better than the
autotools.

scons Q: how do you control the order of static libs? Currently qt3 on
linux is not linking becasue of order issues.

| > So let's have a branch, and let's have a serious look at scons as a
| > potential replacement for autotools.
|
| *nix people are quite comfortable with autotools, and they do not care
| about windows, although they advertise the 'universal portability' of
| autotools.

I still want a branch and revert from trunk.

--
        Lgb