>>  Indeed. And I have checked that both qt and boost input without
>> any guard, which means that we can indeed remove the HAVE_LIMITS_H
>> macro.

younes> Houra!!! We spoke about that bloody change for a complete day.

You would have been more convincing if you did the research yourself.
For the future, I think that what boost does can be considered as a
good guideline.

What about getting rid of the stuff in support/lyxdir.h in favour of
boost stuff. I am not sure everything can go away, but it seems there
is room for cleanup.

Careful cleanup, of course :)