Abdelrazak> I think (not sure) I have said that the original file
Abdelrazak> didn't do the test and that Qt is very portable so why
Abdelrazak> should we?

Yes, but the file was not part of qt itself, and I was suspicious it
might not be as portable as the rest. My fault, I admit.

>> For the future, I think that what boost does can be considered as a
>> good guideline. What about getting rid of the stuff in
>> support/lyxdir.h in favour of boost stuff. I am not sure everything
>> can go away, but it seems there is room for cleanup.

Abdelrazak> Hey, that's my point since the beginning ;-)

So, why don't you do that first? mkdir should be too difficult to get
right, for a start :)