Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

scons support means nothing to users. This is not a new feature to
brag about, just a convenience for us.
Well, given the fact that about 50% of all lyx-devel emails deal with MS Windows problems, scons is a BIG step forward. But you are right, the end user doesn't really care. (I cannot resist to point out that we care too much about non-end users nowadays :-) )

Where is the improved performance and stability?
To be achieved :-)

IMHO change tracking in 1.4 is problematic. That's why I try to rewrite it for 1.5. IIRC we also have some performance fixes in the trunk, that didn't went into 1.4 because they are too intrusive.

Michael