Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
"Abdelrazak" == Abdelrazak Younes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Abdelrazak> + Since the QApplication object does so much
Abdelrazak> initialization, it + must be created before any other
Abdelrazak> objects related to the user + interface are created.

Abdelrazak> + Right now this is not the case. For example, the call to
Abdelrazak> + "FontLoader::initFontPath()" below is doned before the
Abdelrazak> QApplication + creation.
The is absolutely no qt code in initFontPath, so I do not think this
applies.

This is a static method of FontLoader and I suspect that it needs at least an instantiation of this class. Given that FontLoader uses QLFontInfo (albeit as a pointer) and that uses QFont and QFontMetrics this is _maybe_ a possibility of a Qt object instantiation there. This is all hypothetical though. I am saying that this is _the_ problem but it could be _one_ problem. The static versus pointer code proves that the same code is translated differently by gcc in linux and windows.

Abdelrazak> Moreover, I suspect that a number of global variables +
Abdelrazak> contains Qt object that are initialized before the passage
Abdelrazak> through + parse_init().
I tried to find them and failed. I suspected qtTimeout objects at some
time, but the first one is created after QApplication initialization.

Is there any static method or member along the use of the QTimer?

Abdel.