>> 1) The first time you run scons on a freshly created build directory it
>> always stop complaining it doesn't have the right to access "version.C".
>> Then a second call to scons solves the problem.
>
> I will see.

Thanks.

I could not reproduce this bug under linux. If I remove debug
directory and build "scons lyxbase", the first command issued is the
substFile(....version.C, version.C.in). Could you provide more
details? I guess you are using msvc, right?

I'll try that thanks. And I'll commit the attached patch.

Sure. Note that yes will add package version like 1.4.2svn.

Bo