On Sun, Jan 16, 2005 at 01:47:42AM +0100, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'd like to ask for some ideas/thoughts on the wiki from a documentation
> perspective. Or rather, I'd like some general thougths on what kind of
> documentation we would like for LyX, considering that we can have the
> documentation in several places these days.
:
:
> However, I hope we should be able to use the collaborative aspect of the
> wiki to make it easier for people to contribute to the documentation. For
> instance by supplying examples of how LyX can be used. Or by adding FAQ
> etc.

Hmm... interestingly, when discussion of making an FAQ *originally*
occurred (like, back in 1996 or so), I suggested that the FAQ become
an initial launchpad for new sections of the docs.  The FAQ could then
say, "See the <XYZ-Sections-Title/> of the <SomeLyXManual/> manual."
Or, at least, that was the idea...

It never took off, mainly because an FAQ never really went anywhere,
mainly due to the static nature of web pages at that time and work
involved in creating them.  With the change in landscape in the
intervening 7+ years, maybe it's time to resurrect that old plan...

P.S.:  You'll find that I've added several new sections to the Wiki,
as I mention in another post.  It would be nice if someone could take
my original DocStyle.lyx style sheet and wikify it...

--
John Weiss