Hi all!

    Here it goes the details of the local installation I am trying to
do.
    I am installing everything on a directory  ~/temp. The teTeX
installation  was successful. The xforms library was also Ok. The
problem starts with libXpm: when I try to run the make file it complains
like "Badly placed ()'s.
 *** Error code 1 (bu21)"
    Anyway, I've tried also to create a  ~/temp/usr/  directory and
install the libXpm by hand as is distributed in ftp://ftp.x.org/contrib
(xpm-3.4k-irix.tgz) but still the ./configure program gives the message
error that the libXpm is not properly installed....Have anyone tried a
complete local installation?? BTW, the system is a SGI running IRIX 5.3.
And, of course, I wouldn't try this local installation if I could count
on the system administrator....Thanks, Harry.