Theo> I had the same problem on IRIX 6.2 for lyx-1.0pre6 (I
Theo> think). The configure script couldn't find libXpm.a although it
Theo> was there and I specified --with-extra-inc/lib (It did find
Theo> xpm.h though). Anyway, the compile went well, so the linker
Theo> could access libXpm.a after all.  So the script might be bit
Theo> wrong.

Could you send me the output of your config.log file? I'd be
interested to see what error you get. It might be fixable before
1.0.0.

JMarc