Stefano> Hi everyone, I'm trying to use pstex figures, generated with
Stefano> xfig, as suggested also in the User's Guide. My problem is
Stefano> that things work in one directory but not in another, and I
Stefano> cannot figure out why.

Stefano> In one document I do: \input fig1.pstex_t and it works, In
Stefano> another document: \input fig2.pstex_t but it does not
Stefano> work. Moreover, if I put fig2 in the directory of the first
Stefano> document, it works! So it's not the figure. I have tried both
Stefano> with figures in the same direcotry or in a subdir.  The error
Stefano> I get is:

Although this is probably not the problem here, please use
\input{fig1.pstex_t} to include a figure. The syntax you use is the
TeX syntax, and is not considered proper LaTeX. You can also directly
use Insert->Include_File.

Stefano> ! Undefined control sequence.  <argument> \xivpt l.30
Stefano> ...[b]{\smash{\SetFigFont{14}{16.8}{rm}600}}}

Stefano> The only difference that I can see in the documents is that
Stefano> the one that gives the errors defines some new latex of mine,
Stefano> is there any possibility that I'm breaking something? I only
Stefano> redefine heading looks, headers, bib format and other small
Stefano> things, no latex internals.

Did you generate those two pstex_t files with the same version of
xfig?

JMarc