Mike> Hello, I am possibly a new user of Lyx.  I have just downloaded
Mike> lyx version 0.12.0. Most of it seems to work, but it is having
Mike> problem with .eps files when it has latex compile to document.
Mike> The errors show up when I compile the user guide.  The version
Mike> of latex that I have is "e-TeX (Web2C 7.2) 3.14159-2.0".  The
Mike> first error is at the top of the document before the title, and
Mike> it is,"Package graphics Error:No driver specified".  Then before
Mike> each picture I get another error,"LaTeX Error:Unknown graphics
Mike> extension: .eps".  Is anyone familiar with this problem?

Try the following: in Layout->Document set PS driver to 'dvips'. You
might have to do it as root, if you have installed LyX.

Then all should go well.

I hope you will indeed become a new user of LyX. You might want to get
lyx 1.0.0pre4 from ftp.devel.lyx.org, since it contains many
improvements.

JMarc