Mike> Hello JMarc, Thank you for your fast reply.  Your suggestion
Mike> fixed most of the errors that I was having.  There is one more
Mike> error left.  It seems to have something to with fonts.  The
Mike> error is:

Mike> ! Font U/msa/m/n/10-msam10 at 10.0pt not loadable: Metric (TFM)
Mike> file not found.

Mike>   It occurs in the User Guide in section 6.4.3 Character Tables.
Mike> It is in the table, just before the symbol for angstrom ("A"
Mike> with a circle above it).  Is there an easy fix to this also?

This font is an AMS font which is probably not installed on your
system. The problem is I do not know why it would be needed for
UserGuide...

JMarc