On Wed, 23 Jun 1999, Andre' Poenitz wrote:
> > Demo in attached file. ( I've tried it, it works with version 1.0.3pre4 )
> >
> > ``He said `Forget it!' to me''
>

> I think you missed the point. John's problem occurs when there are
> a single and a double quote in a row.

I did. John & I have sorted it out though.

> Within LyX this is              :       ' "
> The export to LaTeX produces    :       '''
> And LaTeX interprets this as    :       " '
>
> So I think the export to LaTeX is buggy.

Alternatively LaTeX could have this featurette / buglet?
I'll experiment to see.

> It could be fixed with ERT,
> e.g. by putting (red) {} around either of the quotes.
>
> Of course this is ugly ;-)
And it does not work here.
So I came up with the even uglier ERT solution of \hspace{1pt} between the 1st.
and 2nd. ' .  Which, while horrible, works.

 --
Sincerely etc.,

 Christopher Sawtell - Support Engineer - iOpen Technologies Ltd.
 email - chris @ iopen . co . nz ( anti spam - join it up to use ).
              The Notes for C Programmers
 - The most widely distributed C tutorial in the world -
                  are available from:-
ftp://ftp.funet.fi/pub/languages/C/tutorials/sawtell_C.tar.gz