John> Has anyone noticed that single and double quotes get inverted in
John> the printout?  eg. "He said to me, 'Forget it!'" prints as: "He
John> said to me, 'Forget it!"'  This is a minor but annoying bug if
John> you are writing a lot of dialog. The .lyx file looks correct,
John> but the .ps file seems to have them inverted (if I am
John> interpreting it properly).  I can't tell on my display if the
John> .tx file has them inverted as the marks are identical, three in
John> a row.  So, I don't know where in the chain this happens or how
John> to fix it.

This happens because quotes are implemented in LaTeX as ligatures,
which means that '' is really a single quote character, so (as
explained earlier) '" is output as ''', which is understood by LaTeX
as "'. The real LaTeX fix is to insert the macro \textcompwordmark (!)
between the characters. LyX tries to do this in some cases (like `?
which gives the spanish ¿), but does not catch all of them. I do not
know whether the problem is worth fixing now, but I'll add it on the
bug list.

JMarc