I've been using LyX for some time, and it's a credit to the authors that I
haven't need to ask any questions. I'm not a TeXpert, and my demands are
limited, but I'm developing systems Sychron's documentation admin and I
have a couple of questions which the FAQ seems not to answer.

First - is there a command line with no GUI that will take a LyX document
and convert it to TeX unattended; I want to be able to author a document
with LyX, check it in to CVS and have a process in the background build
the docs automatically check and install them into the appropriate
places as PDF, HTML etc. It seems that LyX has no command line version, or
options for turning the GUI. I need something that a Makefile can handle.

Second, my TeXpert colleague is developing a set of house styles. Some of
these will "take over" e.g. letter, article etc when the appropriate
argument is given, but others probably won't. I can see no obvious
mechanism for replacing e.g. article(AMS) with article(Sychron); the stuff
I see from searching source tree is non-intuitive.

Third, we do, as mentioned, use CVS - it would be nice to have CVS
support as well as RCS, so that we can check in new versions. As part of
this, I very explicitly do NOT want a time stamp in the saved file,
as it generates a spurious difference between otherwise revisions.

Peter Lister         [EMAIL PROTECTED]    PGP (RSA): 0xE4D85541
Sychron Ltd          http://www.sychron.com  PGP (DSS): 0xBC1D7258
1 Cambridge Terrace  Voice: +44 1865 200211
Oxford OX1 1UR  UK   FAX:   +44 1865 249666