On Tue, 20 Jul 1999, Christopher Sawtell wrote:

> There are not as many text styles available, but sufficient to produce
> satisfactory documents. You can then use all the sgml2<whatever> tools in the
> way you want.

Doesn't help - everyone here uses TeX to some degree or other (yes,
including the boss), and our TeXpert is working on these styles and
conversions. TeX is a common source format, so introducing SGML would
break that; LyX is "just another editor producing TeX source" as far as
scripts are concerned, even though to users like me it may be much better

Peter Lister         [EMAIL PROTECTED]    PGP (RSA): 0xE4D85541
Sychron Ltd          http://www.sychron.com  PGP (DSS): 0xBC1D7258
1 Cambridge Terrace  Voice: +44 1865 200211
Oxford OX1 1UR  UK   FAX:   +44 1865 249666