Peter> On Mon, 19 Jul 1999, Andre' Poenitz wrote:
>> I wrote a perl script to convert .lyx to .tex without using LyX for
>> exactly the same reason...

Peter> Well, it's a start, but what I really want is for LyX to do it
Peter> for me, so that

Peter> lyx --nogui --export-as=latex blurf.lyx -o blurf.tex

Peter> is the identical code and guarantees to produce the identical
Peter> LaTeX.

The possibility of running LyX without a GUI will not happen before
LyX 1.2, since the GUI code is really mixed with the non-GUI code in
1.0.x.

In the meantime, you can have a look at lyxexport
http://rerumnatura.zool.su.se/stefano/software/

The page is unavailable at the time of this writing, but it contains a
perl script which runs lyx and use the lyxserver machanism to trigger
export to latex. It will not work without an X server, but it is
better than nothing...

JMarc