and Florian Cramer wrote:
> What about starting a LyX advocacy project? We could build a LyX Webring,
> track LyX coverage in the media and take care to promote LyX in the Usenet
> and forums like Slashdot.

I think some form of promotion/advocacy would really be a good idea. I
have heard it said that LyX was thought to be Linux's salvation for the
desktop. This is no doubt a bit of an oversimplification, but does
highlight the strategic importance of this application to the continued
rise of Linux, and indeed Linux to the  continued rise of LyX. Getting
this message across, and showing the benefits of LyX as an application,
is therefore important. Books get this message out of the ether and
into the hands of software-using public.

Tony