On Wed, 03 Nov 1999, you wrote:

Downloaded latest release (rpm).  Running RH 6.0.  Have experienced a couple of
problems already.

Firstly, having trouble with exporting html.  I have both tth and latex2html
installed, although this isn't the problem.  Reconfigure detects tth, but when I
try to use the default configuration to export html I get the following
error.....

 **** Invalid switch $$Fname

USAGE: tth [option [option ...]] <file.tex [>file.html] [2>err]
   -a automatic picture environment conversion using latex2gif. Default omit.
   -c prefix header "Content-type: text/HTML" (for direct web serving).
   -d disable definitions with delimited arguments. Default enable.
   -e? epsfbox handling: -e1 convert to png/gif using user-supplied ps2png/gif.
       -e2 convert and include inline. -e0 (default) no conversion, just ref.
   -f? limit built-up fraction nesting in display eqns to ?(0-9). Default 5.
   -g remove, don't guess intent of, \font commands. Default guess font/size.
   -i use italic font for equations (like TeX). Default roman.
   -Lfile tell tth the base file (no extension) for LaTeX auxiliary input,
      enables LaTeX commands (e.g. \frac) without a \documentclass line.
   -pdirectory  designate an additional directory to search for input files.
   -r raw HTML output (omit header and tail) for inclusion in other files.
   -t display built-up items in textstyle equations. Default in-line.
   -w don't attempt HTML title construction nor warn on failure. Default warn.
   -xmakeindxcmd  specify command for making index. Default "makeindex".
   -v give verbose commentary. -V even more verbose (for debugging).
   -h print help. -? print this usage.

The other bug, although not yet repeatable was when I tried to exit Lyx it just
hung and I could only close it by killing the process.  I'll let you know if it
happens again.

Regards
Ben

PS.  Thanks for fixing up the printer spool command bug!!!!!

> This release is a minor update to 1.1.1 that fixes the bugs found there.
>
>       - crash when using fax
>       - cheaders included
>       - the '-' vs. '_' should be gone.
>       - the export to html should be a little better
>       - + some additional bugfixes
>
> The 1.1.x series are moving towards more use of ANSI C++, and if your
> compiler is not standard conforming (enough), you will have problems
> compiling LyX.
>
> Also note that the XForms libarary version 0.89 is NOT stable and you
> might experience problems (i.e. crashes) if you use it with LyX.
>
> Still, even if 1.1.2 is considered stable, please make backups of your
> important work before using it.
>
> Go get it at:
>
> ftp://ftp.lyx.org/pub/lyx/stable/lyx-1.1.2.tar.gz
> ftp://ftp.devel.lyx.org/pub/lyx/lyx-1.1.2.tar.gz
> ftp://la1ad.uio.no/pub/lyx/1.1.2.tar.gz
>
>       Lgb

Ben Cazzolato

Fluid Dynamics and Acoustics Group
Institute of Sound and Vibration Research
University of Southampton,
Southampton, SO17 1BJ
UK

Email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED], or