On Wed, 15 Dec 1999, Lyx1 wrote:

> Sorry to bother you again but I looked at the example IEEE article and it
> didn't use eqn numbers in the Appendix. I am also not sure what do you mean
> about the appendix command/enviro from the paragraph style menu.

I totally misread your question originally I thought you wanted to number
the appendices.  Now that I realize what your original question was I
haven't got an answer for you sorry.

> Regarding the bold math characters I tried putting the bold charactes in a
> different math box but this fails when I am in display mode. Any ideas?

I thought you just had to write the equation, then select the part you
wanted bold and then make it bold (M-c b).  Perhaps there is a bug here
IIRC there have been a few questions about bold math in last few weeks.

Allan (ARRae)