On Fri, 17 Dec 1999, Lyx1 wrote:

> Thanks for your help Allan. I found that what you wrote works with the
> "article" layout but not with the "IEEEtran". I found however a way to do
> all the bold characters and the new numbering in the Appendix using TeX and
> I will mail it to the list later.

Please do and I'll add it to the almost non-existent docs.
Hang on I seem to remember reading a comment in the header of the
IEEEtran.cls about a font problem.  I'm nowhere near a copy at present but
you might like to look and see if yours says anything.

> I found yet another problem with IEEEtran though: It prints the page number
> on page 1 (only on the 1st page) even though I select empty in the Layout
> Document.
>
> My new questions are: How can I change the IEEEtran layout to fix the
> problem? Should I look in IEEEtran.layout or IEEEtran.cls?

add as either a latex paragraph or as tex:
        \thispagestyle{empty}

near the title.  I forgot to put that in the new template file also.
If you don't know what I mean look at the latex8 template that came with
lyx : /usr/local/share/lyx/template/
or some similar path where you installed lyx.

Allan. (ARRae)