On Tue, May 16, 2000 at 01:39:30PM -0400, Paul Lussier wrote:

> In a message dated: Tue, 16 May 2000 18:31:44 BST
> Jose Abilio Oliveira Matos said:
>
> >  Hi Paul,
> >     your problem is specific to 1.1.5pre1, as soon as as 1.1.5pre2 (maybe
> > today or tomorrow...) please update as that bug is corrected there.
>
> Will do :)  Thanks!
>
> >Did you ask before how to run lyx just to update the linuxdoc document?
> >Something like lyx --export linuxdoc document.lyx will be possible very
> >soon, notice however that as the case of others formats you still need a X
> >client running. More details, and a patch if you want to.
>
> Are you saying that a normal lyx document which may, for examples sake, was
> written in article class, can then be exported to linuxdoc class merelyy by
> running the above mentioned command line?

  No, I'm not saying that but since linuxdoc was derived from latex (those are
the historical roots) most of the documents that don't have any latex ert should
be very easy to translate to linuxdoc.

  As could expect that doesn't apply to math stuff.
  Also, if there is any person that show me an example of tables and graphics
in linuxdoc I will implement it for lyx. I have read the dtd and that wasn't
clear.

> Very cool!!!!! I look forward to that.  As far as more details are concerned,
> yes I'd love them, but if you're going to expend the effort to explain them to
> me, please put it on the web site so others can read it too :)
> (If you want, I'll even take care of the HTML formatting and send it to
> whomever maintains the web site to save you time!)

  What you are talking will be possible as soon as lyx has a xml file format,
there are several tools to do that. A xml to xml is simple. Did you need that
feature? There are several things that can be done now, but that is not pretty...

  What I am refering is the export of a linuxdoc document (and only those) as
linuxdoc.

> >Also for those interested I have been working the include/import facility
> >for both linuxdoc and docbook.
>
> This is what I'm eagerly awaiting!!!  Let me know when that's ready, I'll beta
> test it for you :)

  Ok, I will do first the linuxdoc since it doesn't have figures it should be easier.

--
José