>From: Thierry Lemeunier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: C Y <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: Re: Problem opening documents from the recently opened file list
>Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2000 14:35:33 +0200
>
>C Y wrote:
> >
> > Hi! I just upgraded Lyx to 1.1.5 (nice job guys!) and am encountering a
> > strange behavior when loading documents containing eps files.  If I open
> > them from the File->Open menu, everything works fine.  But if I try to
>use
> > the list of files at the bottom of the file menu, it never renders the
>eps
> > images.  It's not a show stopper or anything, but I thought it might
> > indicate a flaw in the way Lyx opens documents from the recent list in
>the
> > File menu.  I watched the messages at the bottom of the main window as
>it
> > loaded the document and the only difference I saw was that the open from
> > recent list didn't show some buffer dialogues that the File->Open
> > did show.  Has anyone else run into this?
>
>I observe one thing. When my document contains eps images
>it takes a certain time to render it. So, if I don't wait
>the end of the rendering process before starting working,
>images are not shown. During this time, the cursor are a
>strange blinking behaviour.
>
>Of course, If I wait that the cursor blinks regularly,
>all eps images are well shown.
>
>I think it's what you've observed, isn't it ?
>
>Thy

Could be, but the impression I got from watching it load was that it just
made no effort to render the eps images at all.  I'll try it again and see
if I can reproduce the behavior you describe, but normally the time it takes
to render these images is minimal.  (Just simple x-y plots, no color or
anything.)  When I load it using the File -> Open menu, as opposed to the
recent files list, it renders them rapidly without trouble.  (Which version
are you using? I'm on 1.1.5)

C Y