John Culleton wrote:

> Herbert Voss wrote:
> >
> > John Culleton wrote:
> > >
> > > Thanks to Herb V. I have the hollywood template working now. I increased
> > > the right margin to one inch, to meet the standards I have read.
> > > Hollywood (the place) is very fussy about format.
> > >
> > > I still have one major problem with the hollywood class. The header has
> > > a rule! That is verboten in Hollywood. I tried uncommenting some lines
> > > in the hollywood.cls file but that gave me errors. I am a long time
> > > TeXer but LaTeX is not my best friend. So I don't know what to do to
> > > kill the rule. Any suggestions?
> >
> > \renewcommand\headrulewidth{0pt}
> >
> > Herbert
> >
> > --
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > http://perce.de/voss/lyx/
>
> Two commands  like that are commented out in hollywood.lyx. I
> uncommented the first, went through texhash and reconfigure, called up
> my document, and when I attempted to print a page got two errors. At the
> very beginning I get the error:
>
>  LaTeX Error: Command headrulewidth already defined
>       \newcommand{headrulewidth}{0.4pt}
>
> ...and at what is probably a page break I get the error
>
> LaTeX Error: \headrulewidth undefined
>         \renewcommand{\headrulewidth}{0pt}
>
> In the hollywood.cls file there are only two references to
> headrulewidth, both of the form:
>
> %\renewcommand{\headrulewidth}{0pt}
>
> ...and both commented out. I uncommented one of these and that causes
> the errors. BTW one of the instances of this command (the one I left as
> a comment) is mispelled.

two solutions, both worked for me!

1. the \renewcommand in latex preamble of the lyx-file!!
not in the class-file, because this has (from my point of view)
a little bug.

2. choose the attached hollywood.class -file and try
again. i changed the postion of some commands, like
\usepackage{fancyhdr}, and put the \renewcommand at the end,
so that everything works.

Herbert

p.s.: john,i'll send the class file with private mail to you,
so i save bandwidth, because it's not important for all.

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://perce.de/voss/lyx/