No. I have done all the current updates, and the only way I can get the
drop menus working is to change the language into any language and then
change it back again.  The drop menus then work fine until you shut down
LyX and the next time you open it up you have to do the same thing again.
(As easy helpfully pointed out to me.) When Ubuntu 15.04 is officially
released this Thursday and LyX users all over the world up grade their
Ubuntu systems, you will probably hear lots of cries for help with this
bug.