I have to plug emacs for native lyx support. That application is awesome at
parsing raw Latex. As Richard said, this is the antithesis of why anyone
would use Lyx. I have become a huge fan of seamlessly integrating my latex
documents, mostly tables, using the input command and editing the .tex file
using emacs. Since there is already excellent Latex editors, I don't
understand why it would be desirable for Lyx to incorporate such features.

~Ben