On Thu, Jul 16, 2015 at 7:27 PM, Sutanuka <sutanuka....@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi,
>
>  I am running lyx 2.1.3 in windows 8.1 in my new laoptop.  I can
> succesfully open my old lyx files of size 40kb and generate pdf from it.
> But when I try to open other lyx files of size 258kb or more, it never
> opens and lyx hangs showing not responding for hours.
>
>  I have written all these lyx files in my previous laptop having exactly
> same configuration, only difference being the processor in my old laptop
> was intel i3 and in my new laptop it is amd a4. And I generated these
> files using lyx 2.0.5 in windows 7. In my old laptop, I have succesfully
> created, edited and converted these files to pdf.
>
>  Please help me. I need to solve it urgently. I tried uninstalling and
> reinstalling several times. But still I can not open the file of size 258
> kb in lyx 2.1.3 in windowds 8.1 in my new laptop.
>
> regards,
> Sutanuka

Hi Sutanuka,

This is possibly a lyx2lyx bug. You can instead use 2.0.8.1 (download
here: ftp://ftp.lyx.org/pub/lyx/bin/2.0.8.1/), which uses the same
format as 2.0.5. If you would like to help us fix the bug, please
create a minimal example (see wiki.lyx.org/FAQ/MinimalExample). The
way to do that would be to use 2.0.5, delete half of the .lyx file
that is causing the problem, save and then open on 2.1.3. If there is
an error, then in 2.0.5 delete another half and keep iterating. If
there was not an error, then delete the other half.

To do a few simple things to make sure everything else is fine, can
you open a very simple document in your 2.1.3 that you created in
2.0.5 (e.g. a "hello world" document)? Can you compile a simple
document in 2.1.3?

Please respond to the list, and not to me personally.

Best,

Scott