Rich Shepard wrote:

> elsarticle-harv and clicked the "OK" button. The status line reported the
> document was being reformatted. After saving, I compiled it using
> pdflatex. But, the bibliography is still in author-title format with the
> year at the end.

It seems that elsarticle bst file works only with the elsarticle class.

What you could use is the custom-bib package, a companion to natbib. It is a
special latex file. When you run latex on it, it will ask you many questions
and then spit a custom bst file. One of the questions is the place of the
'year'.

Then you put your custom bst file in a place where LaTex can find it,
refresh the LaTex tree and you can use it in LyX.

Easier than learning BibLaTex

Cheers,
Charles