On Mon, Aug 31, 2015 at 4:29 PM, Benedict Holland
<benedict.m.holl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Scott,
>
> I hit the button on the top bar and it then checks continuously, but also I
> enabled it in the settings. When I restart, the button on the top bar (Aa
> with the red line) is not selected but Aspell continuous checking is
> checked.

That is strange. The same happens if you only change it in
preferences? And just to confirm, you are clicking on the "save"
button and not the "apply" button? Can you send a copy of your
preferences file (likely ~/.lyx/preferences) before and after the
preferences change?

Are you able to check with hunspell instead of aspell?

Please bottom post to the list (respond below the email that you are
responding to).

Scott