On Fri, 30 Mar 2001, [iso-8859-1] Jörg Haug wrote:

> I have a problem to insert a tabular in the float table. Now I found in
> the mail archive that John Adcock had the same problem in January.
> Is this a bug in Lyx ?
> If i insert the tabular I get the tabular between Table: and the caption
> text. I solved this by changing caption style to standard, insert the
> tabular, return, change caption text to caption style.
> Now it works here for me (on WinNT) but if I open the file on my Linux
> machine I have a lot of lyx commands in the float environmet but no
> table.

open the tablefloat as usual. now
1. hit return if you want the caption under the table, insert table
   and insert caption
2. insert caption and hit return, if you like the table under the
   caption. insert the table.

if you insert the caption first and want the table above, go to
the beginning of the caption and hit return.

Herbert