Am Dienstag, den 13.02.2018, 16:13 -0800 schrieb Daniel Kian Mc
Kiernan:
> I've an article, prepared in LyX, whose citations and bibliography I
> need to have rendered in Chicago style. (Indeed, If I can get the
> sections titles &c to conform automatically to Chicago-journal
> style,
> that would be great.)

Do you use Biblatex or BibTeX for the bibliography? There's a decent
style for Biblatex (biblatex-chicago), but there are also (probably
less comprehensive) bst styles files for traditional BibTeX, "chicago"
and "achicago". The procedure for tweaking LyX depends on what you want
to use (so elisse's request for a MWE is actually not completely odd).

If you want to use Biblatex, consider testing LyX 2.3rc2. Although it's
considered "unstable", it provides proper support for Biblatex.

As for the document formatting, there is the "turabian-formatting"
package that has an implementation of the Chicago style (and also uses
biblatex-chicago). It ships a turabian-researchpaper class suitable for
papers.

I don't know a turabian-researchpaper.layout for LyX, but a simple
portmanteau file as the attached will probably do for a start.

> I'd like to avoid a process of tweaking a .tex file.
>
> When I try to handl things by way of the preamble, LyX yowls about
> conflicting specifications.

To help with this, we'd need to see a MWE, indeed.

> If I have to do everything through the
> preamble or by tweaking a .tex file, then I'd like to know how to
> disable the build-in Bibliography processing.

This depends on the selected approach.

HTH,
Jürgen
#% Do not delete the line below; configure depends on this
#  \DeclareLaTeXClass{Research Paper (Turabian)}
#  \DeclareCategory{Articles}
# turabian-researchpaper textclass definition file.
# Author : Juergen Spitzmueller <sp...@lyx.org>

Format 60

# Input general definitions
Input article.layout