Le 15/05/2018 à 22:59, Cris Fuhrman a écrit :
That said, LyX under Ubuntu seems less flexible than under Windows, since it's not using MikTeX but TeXLive. As such, when a new package or something is needed, it can't install it on the fly. Perhaps I missed something about my Ubuntu install?

Nothing stops you from using miktex on linux, actually. I am not sure how it works, though.

Concerning texlive, one just have to install texlive, texlive-latex-extra and maybe some language packages to be OK. The MikTeX approach is useful when every megabyte counts.

JMarc