Jürgen

you know what :-)-O means?

You are of course correct, but, I found it annoying having to do the
tlmgr update manually, and the --self doesn't do anything when not
necessary, so that's what I have hardwired into

tbu ()
{
    tlmgr update --self --all
    brew upgrade && brew cask upgrade
}

on my Mac so I can do my daily chores :-)-O

el

On 21/06/2018 09:35, Jürgen Spitzmüller wrote:

>     Jürgen,
>
>     the correct command is tlmgr update --self --all :-)-O
>

> tlmgr update --all is also correct. --self is only needed in case the
> tlmgr itself gets an update (you get an warning in that case).
>
> Jürgen

e...@lisse.na            / *     |   Telephone: +264 81 124 6733 (cell)
PO Box 8421             \     /
Bachbrecht, Namibia     ;____/