Hi Leo,

You have to write LaTeX code for most typefaces. For example:
\mathfrak{p} \mathbb{R} \mathscr{P} \mathcal{F}

For calligraphy there also exists a shortcut (and it then appears WYSIWYM)
- see section 5.6.1 of the User's Guide. In addition, you can define a
macro (or use \newcommand in the preamble) for commonly used combinations:

\newcommand\R{\mathbb{R}}

Note: for \mathcal,\mathbb,\mathfrak you need the amssymb package (click
'Use AMS Math' in Layout->Document settings). For \mathscr you need
euscript (add \usepackage[mathscr]{euscript} to your preamble).

HTH,
Lior