Am Donnerstag, den 05.07.2018, 16:39 +0200 schrieb Wolfgang Engelmann:
> I have difficulties with Umlaute in my references (see appended
> shot).

This looks like one of your bib databases has a different encoding than
the LyX file.  Looks like the LyX file and at least one bib file (with
the correct "Bünning" entry) uses ISO-8859-15 and the other(s) (with
the misrepresented ü) utf8.

Assure the encodings match.

> With biblatex it says
> Accessing a database via biblatex is almost identical to BibTeX: Use
> the menu Insert->List/TOC->Bib(la)TeX Bibliography. In contrary to
> BibTeX you cannot select a style file.
> But I would like to use a special style file. So biblatex is
> apparently not an alternative.

No, you misunderstood. You cannot select a style file in Insert-
>List/TOC->Bib(la)TeX Bibliography. You need to do that in Document >
Settings > Bibliography.

This is explained just in the next paragraph following the passage you
quoted.

Jürgen