-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject:        Re: problema with the instalation of Lyx 2.3.1 in Windows 10
Date:   Fri, 21 Sep 2018 11:34:09 -0300
From:   Sergio Celani <sergiocel...@gmail.com>
To:     Paul Rubin <parubi...@gmail.com>

El vie., 21 sept. 2018 a las 11:05, Paul A. Rubin (<parubi...@gmail.com <mailto:parubi...@gmail.com>>) escribió:

   On 09/21/2018 12:16 AM, Sergio Celani wrote:

    El vie., 21 sept. 2018 a las 0:13, Paul A. Rubin
    (<parubi...@gmail.com <mailto:parubi...@gmail.com>>) escribió:

        On 09/20/2018 07:26 PM, Sergio Celani wrote:
        Hi, I apologize for the delay in answering.

        Yes, I try to start the program from instance DOS, but
        nothing happens.
        So,  I reinstalled Lyx 2.3.1 in a new folder (called Lyx2.311).
        Thus, I have the two versions installed in different folders
        C:\Program Files (x86)\LyX 2.3   and
        C:\Program Files (x86)\LyX 2.311

        In a DOS windows, I have tried again to open the program, i.e.,
        C:\Program Files (x86)\LyX 2.3\bin>start Lyx  ,  so open Lyx
        2.3 without problems

        C:\Program Files (x86)\LyX 2.311\bin>start Lyx ,  in this
        case nothing happens

        I don't understand, I never had problems installing the
        different versions of Lyx

        imagen.png

        El mar., 18 sept. 2018 a las 9:16, Paul A. Rubin

            On 09/17/2018 10:30 PM, Sergio Celani wrote:
            > Hi
            >
            > I have serious problems with the instalation of new
            version 2.3.1 of
            > Lyx in Windows 10.
            > I have been using version 2.3, with the latest
            installer made by Uwe
            > (LyX-230-Installer-6), without any problem.
            > I decided to install version 2.3.1 with the official
            installer
            > (LyX-231-Installer-2). It seems to install correctly,
            but when the
            > installation is finished it is impossible to start the
            program.
            > I have done several tests.  I uninstall all Lyx
            versions (2.2.3 and
            > 2.3), I reinstall Lyx 2.3.1, but again the program does
            not want to start.

            > The same problem occurs with the official installer of
            version 2.3.
            > But curiously, with Uwe's version I don't have this
            problem. '
            > As last I decided to restore the system and install
            everything again.
            > But again 2.3.1 does not boot after a clean
            installation. Finally, I
            > decided to go back to version 2.3 with the Uwe installer
            > (LyX-230-Installer-6). This version works correctly.
            > I have Windows 10 pro, installed on an Asus computer,
            System Model
            > UX490UAR.
            >
            > I would appreciate any help.
            >
            > Sergio
            If you try to start 2.3.1 from a command prompt (what we
            used to call a
            DOS window), what messages do you see?

            Paul

        Please bottom post when responding; it makes the thread easier
        to follow.

        If you run the command "dir L*.exe" in C:\Program Files
        (x86)\LyX 2.311\bin, what do you get?

        Paul

    I see what is shown in the screenshot

    imagen.png
   Does running "cmd /K Lyx2.3.exe" from that directory also fail to
   start LyX?

   Paul

The program started once, after rebooting the system didn't work anymore.