them successful.

The answer I ALWAYS get from Word/LO users is: Styles? What are Styles?

el

On 2021-10-08 03:44 , Alan Tyree wrote:
Why is it so hard to get people to use styles?  I worked recently with
a friend to convert his Word document into an ePub.  My advice is
don't ever, ever do this!  Even though I had advocated the use of
styles, he had spent hours using direct formatting.

And it is not just amateurs.  I write for a service that insists on
using Word documents (who knows why?)  and the stuff they send me is
all direct formatting.

I know that this is preaching to the choir here, but I wondered if
anyone had a strategy that convinced others to work with styles.

Cheers,
Alan
[...]