On 10/12/21 2:31 PM, Rich Shepard wrote:
On Tue, 12 Oct 2021, Paul A. Rubin wrote:

You have commas at the end of several fields (inside the closing curly
brace), including institution, which I think is triggering the error
message.

Paul,

All key:value pairs end with commas except for the last one.

You also have a few places with a funky dash separating a pair of numbers, rather than a double dash ('--'). That might be the result of copying from
a PDF and pasting. I don't know if that will also cause any indigestion.

Yes, that's not uncommon. I try to catch and repair them when I enter the
document in JabRef, but aren't always successful. Now corrected.

The error specified the document name, not any key:value pair between the
opening and closing braces:
WARN - Name in key 'Paul2012' is empty (probably consecutive 'and'):
skipping entry 'Paul2012'

The name key has no 'and' in it.

While this is a warning, not an error, I'd still like to have biber accept
it as correct.

Still puzzled,

Rich

I turned your entry into a .bib file, cited it in a dummy document, and compiled with biblatex. It specifically flagged the first entry that ended with a comma. I think the "name" in the error message is because it thinks that, after that last comma, there will be another name = value pair in the field that it never finds (due to the closing brace). Not the ideal error message in my opinion, but deleting the surplus comma did fix it.

I spotted the "and and" Maria flagged, but in my test that did not cause an error message, it just mucked up the printed citation.