https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/67720/description-list-with-aligned-descriptions

>Best regards,
>Daniel

Thanks Daniel.

I have looked at the link. It will require me to create a new environment
which I was hoping to avoid.

I have tried and can create the new environment successfully, however, it
looks ugly with all the ERT I have to use.

Perhaps, I can create the new environment in a local layout. I have written
a local layout for an itemized list before.
How would it differ from a description list?

I have attached a file below which contains my local layout.

Warm Regards,
Anthony

On Sat, 8 Jan 2022 at 15:26, Daniel via lyx-users <lyx-users@lists.lyx.org>
wrote:

> On 2022-01-07 23:09, Anthony Macks via lyx-users wrote:
> > Dear LyX users,
> >
> > I am nesting description lists and want to justify the text within the
> > nested list.
> >
> > I have attached my MWE, output and a copy of what I want the output to
> > look like.
> >
> > I am using the module "Customisable Lists (enumitem)." with the article
> > class. When I right click on the description label, an options box is
> > produced. However, the options to go in the box (I get the options from
> > the enumitem package) are not producing the desired effect.
> >
> > Warm Regards,
> > Anthony
> >

> Dear Anthony,
>
> I am not sure that it is possible to adjust the width of the label
> automatically. Have you tried any of these instead?
>

> https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/67720/description-list-with-aligned-descriptions
>
> Best regards,
> Daniel
>

> --

Format 66

Counter YourTurn
          LabelString          "\arabic{YourTurn}"
End

Counter YourTurnlists
       LabelString        "\arabic{YourTurnlists}"
End

Counter YourTurnnumber
        LabelString          "\arabic{YourTurnnumber}."
        Within               YourTurnlists
End

Style --begin_YourTurns--
     CopyStyle            --Separator--
     Category           YourTurn_Lists
        KeepEmpty          1
     LeftMargin         "     MM"
        Margin              Dynamic
     LabelFont
          Family            Roman
          Series            Medium
          Size              Normal
          Color             Orange
     EndFont
        LatexType           Command
        LatexName           begin{YourTurn}
        LabelType           Static
     LabelCounter        YourTurnlists
        LabelString         "--- \arabic{YourTurnlists} - begin a list of
YourTurns ---"
End

Style --end_YourTurns--
     CopyStyle            --Separator--
     Category           YourTurn_Lists
        KeepEmpty           1
        LeftMargin       "     MM"
        Margin              Dynamic
     LabelFont
          Family            Roman
          Series            Medium
          Size              Normal
          Color             Orange
     EndFont
        LatexType           Command
        LatexName           end{YourTurn}
        LabelType           Static
        LabelString         "---  \arabic{YourTurnlists} - end a list of
YourTurns ---"
End

Style YourTurn
     CopyStyle        Enumerate
     LaTeXType        Item_Environment
     LeftMargin       "     MMMMMM"
        ParSkip            0.4
        Align              Left
LabelFont
          Family         Roman
          Series         Bold
          Size           Normal
          Color          Orange
EndFont
     LabelType        Static
     LabelCounter     YourTurnnumber
     LabelString      "Your Turn \arabic{YourTurnnumber}."
     ItemCommand      item
     Category         YourTurn_Lists
     ResumeCounter    true
     Preamble
          \newcounter{YourTurn}[section]
\newenvironment{YourTurn}[1][]{\refstepcounter{YourTurn}\par\medskip
          \noindent \color{orange}\textbf{Your Turn ~\theYourTurn. #1}
\rmfamily\color{black}}
     EndPreamble
End