On Fri, 9 Sep 2022, Paul A. Rubin wrote:

First things first. When I compile your doc using pdflatex, every page
starts with the header row (Stream Name etc.) followed by a row for Broken
Creek and a row for North Fork Flathead River and then the rows that are
(maybe) supposed to be on that page. Apparently someone (cough, cough)
turned on the header setting for the Broken Creek and North Fork Flathead
rows. So you need to right click in their respective cells (text search is
the fastest way to get there), click Settings..., go to the Multi-page
table tab and clear the check mark for header status being on. Compile and
confirm that the first row (Stream Name etc.) is now the only repeating
header.

Paul,

I didn't get that result.

Regardless, I installed gnumeric and imported the .csv to a new 'sheet;
saved as .gnumeric. Using either the .csv or .ods files and Insert -> File
-> External material -> Spreadsheet produced a table with all data, but I
could not find the head or end; the 'home' and 'end' keys shifted the
display to the left and right, respectively.

I'd prefer to have the 583 rows (and only 4 columns) in a LyX long table so
I can add a caption to it. The wiki says the procedure is to highlight cells
in the gnumeric table then create a lyx table with that number of rows and
columns. But, I cannot scroll down the table creation icon beyond about 74
rows.

This report will need several tables each with hundreds of rows (gotta' show
the decision-makers what data are available) and each will be in a separate
appendix as multipage tables.

Before learning how to do this I need to find what I added today that
prevents compiling and having pdflatex throw an error. I sent a message with
that thread explaining what I did without isolating the error.

Thanks again,

Rich